- Start: 11/04/2008 - End: 11/09/2008
- Place: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Organization: RMIT Melbourne, RMIT Vietnam, IBT-VAST
- Agenda: Opening seminar on recent development in avian influenza biology and the workshop on advance molecular technologies in vaccine development
- Representative/s from IBT
- Representative/s from FAO
- Representative/s from Queensland University
- Representative/s from RMIT University
- Representative/s from private sectors
To update by way of presenting the report about avian influenza biology provides an over view to their current developments
To generally discuss expectations and define the process for avian influenza control
To enhance the knowledge and skills on the advance molecular technologies in vaccine development such as Salmonella cloning and expression, Signature tag mutagenesis, DNA fingerprinting, Detection of virulence markers in selected bacteria, Protein expression and purification, Bioinformatics, Influenza sequencing and Expression
To widen international collaboration between Vietnamese and Australian scientists through IBT and RMIT Melbourne.
The outstanding scientists, Prof. Peter Coloe, Dr. Peter Smooker, Dr. Nagesh, Dr. Hao Van from RMIT Melbourne and Prof. Mike Jennings, Dr. Peter Roche from Queensland University will be lecturers for the workshop
Leaders and Researchers from all related institutions and University in Vietnam are invited to attend the workshop. The number of participants will be limited to 100 people for the opening seminar and 30 people for the following workshop. English will be used as the official language during the workshop. In order to make the workshop successful the participants are required a good English qualification to be eligible to attend the workshop.
Through the funding obtained from The Australian Government Oversea's Aid Program/Ausaid RMIT University Melbourne will cover expenses for participants including meals, transportation fee, registration fee and refreshment during the workshop and one day visit on the following day of the workshop.
Materials will be provided before a workshop opening ceremony. The tentative agenda for the workshop is attached here.
Calling for registration:
Deadline for application: 15 Oct 2008
Please fill in the pre-registration form attached here and submit to Organizing Committee by email with the subject as "Workshop November 2008".
Official Invitation Letters will be sent by email to participants two weeks before the workshop.
Prof. Dr. Truong Nam Hai
Institute of Biotechnology (IBT)
Address: 18 Hoang Quoc Viet Road, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84-4-7562790, Fax: 84-4-7562790
Website of IBT: www.ibt.ac.vn
On behalf of IBT
Asc Prof. Truong Nam Hai
- International Conference of the Asian Reproductive Biotechnology Society (ARBS) - 12-10-2015
- International Workshop "Enhancing Vaccine Design and Delivery strategies" - 12-08-2014
- SUMMARY "2ND INTERNATIONAL MEETING FOR DEVELOPMENT OF INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT IN ASIA AND AFRICA" - 27-08-2013
- The1st Announcement: NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON BIOTECHNOLOGY 2013 - 23-05-2013